Roasted beetroot and goats cheese dip
The summer might have been a washout but this beauty of dip will brighten up the soggiest of BBQ tables. Super quick and easy to prepare, the incredible resulting colour from the beetroot in this never ceases to amaze me.
Serves 6 as a nibble- all ingredients available in the Farm Shop
2-3 medium size beetroots
4 cloves of garlic
200g goats cheese (Sinodun Hill by Norton and Yarrow, Nettlebed Creamery is exceptional)
sprig of rosemary
Salt and pepper
- Peel the beetroot and cut into decent size wedges. Toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Separate the garlic cloves but do not peel. Place them all in a baking tray and cover tightly with tin foil.
- Roast at 180 Degrees C for approximately 1 hour or until the beetroot is tender when tested with a fork. Remove and allow to cool.
- Put the beetroot in a food processor, add the rosemary leaves, goats cheese, and push out the soft garlic cloves from the skin.
- Blitz the whole lot until smooth. It will turn a stunning shade of purple. Taste and adjust seasonal as necessary. You may also wish to slowly add in some more olive oil with the motor running depending on your desired taste and texture.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crudites. Keeps well in the fridge for around 5 days.